Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3942 Words aaaand...GO!!!!

Alrighty, so today is Day 1 of the 60 K words in 29 days Challenge (catchy, huh?)
I have to admit, I started a little bit early. I was already a couple hundred words into this story when I heard of the challenge and I tried, I promise I did, to stop myself from writing anymore but I just couldn’t. If you have a story on the tip of your tongue, you can’t just ignore it. And to be honest, you wouldn’t want to.
Don’t let your story grow cold!

Fiction is best served piping hot!

Another random heat analogy (the study of anuses...ani??)

Anyway, yesterday I had an awesome day of writing. I got 2000 words in just over 2 hours which is a personal best for me. I was feeling pretty good. I though, I can totally do this. And then today happened.
It went like molasses this morning. I just couldn’t get into it and find my rhythm. I eventually got my 2000 words but it was arduous.  4 ½ hours !!! That’s painful to admit to.
It makes me wonder though if it’s a time of day thing. I’ve been keeping a writing log pretty well since I started writing and I’m starting to think that writing in the morning is just plain garbage for me. I would like to make graphs so that I can see for sure but in the two years I’ve been out of school, I’ve literally forgotten everything I learned about Excel. It’s like my mind rejects anything to do with graphs. I also tried just looking at the raw data I’ve accumulated. But that shit’s boring.
Sometimes I wish I didn’t have the attention span of a fish. But then I see a squirrel and I’m happy again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment