Friday, September 23, 2011

Bus Dialogue: From There

“I´m from there.”
“Uh...where?”
“Gavesford. I grew up there.”
“Oh, well…that´s nice.”
“I read that when I was a kid. Everyone from the town has. It´s like a requirement.”
“Well it´s pretty interesting.”
“Do you like it? Most of it isn´t true. But the truth´s not that interesting huh?”
“Guess not.”
“They never really asked him what happened you know from his point of view. All this was suppose to be a interview but it´s not. It never was. A lot of that they just inferred, or whatever. Assumed.”
“Uh huh.”
“There was another book before that came out. No one wanted it though. Wasn´t a popular thing back then. No one liked to think about it then. Now, course people love it. Romantic or something innit? Don´t know how really, when you think about it. Besides that version was less about him and more about the family.”
“Hmm.”
“Most people didn´t really care about what happened to his family. Not after.”
“k.”
“My sister actually met him coming out of the old coffee shop. We didn´t even know he still lived there. She only recognized him cause they talked bout it the day before in her class. He said that-“
“Pardon, but I really want to finish this.”
“Oh, …sorry. I´ll shut up…sorry.”
“Thanks.”

No comments:

Post a Comment