Monday, September 26, 2011

One is pink, the other blue

Last night, while I merrily went about getting ready for bed, I tried to take off my eye make-up with nail polish remover. Seriously. I'm fine by the way. Luckily, as soon as I wiped my eyelid I realized the smell could only be nail polish remover and washed it off (of course after I had exhausted my list of known expletives).You might be wondering "How does that even happen?" The answer, sadly, is that both products are in squeezy bottles. That's it. The bottles are completely different sizes, shapes and colours, which you would think would be enough to distinguish between the two. Apparently not. I don't know how I've made it this fair in life without seriously injuring myself.

This is not something completely foreign to me, unfortunately. Ok, so I've never almost blinded myself, that´s new, but I do stupid shit all the time. For instance, no matter the number of times I hit my head on the wall behind my bed, I never, never, think twice before throwing myself on the bed. I´ve heard some people say that either stupidity or insanity is defined by doing the same action over and over again and expecting different results. I don't believe that. I know I'm neither stupid nor insane so what is it? Is it because I´m a clutz? Is it an inherent disregard for my personal safety? Or is it just laziness?

No comments:

Post a Comment