Saturday, November 19, 2011

Do I know how to screw the figurative pooch or what?

Oh-my-crap! Oh, just....fucksticks!!!

Ok, breathing, calming...why don't I start at the beginning, hmm?

I spent all day working up the nerve to submit a story of mine to a magazine I'd spent days considering...oh and it took me months to get to the point where I could even entertain the idea of submitting.

I then took a good 2 hours to write a short but sweet cover letter (after referencing countless other websites and forums on proper etiquette) and reread it about a dozen times to make sure spelling and punctuation were up to snuff.

Then, I sent it.

And do you wanna know what I realized mere seconds after hitting the send button?? I DIDN'T ATTACH THE FUDGING STORY- THAT'S WHAT I DID!!!! GAHHHH

Ok, breathing...calming....

So then, I had the pleasure of re-drafting my glorious cover letter to include a very pathetic and shameful apology and resent it. Which begs the question, what are the chances of them assuming I'm an idiot and discarding my story altogether?

Did a tumbleweed just roll through my livingroom?

I need a cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment